We will be adding to this list of resources. Including resources for special needs homeschooling.
WFE articles on homeschooling:
Do your kids LOVE Minecraft?
We recommend reading Charlotte Mason’s writings, even if you choose a different approach to homeschooling.
If you choose to use the Charlotte Mason Method -Only a math curriculum is needed (we have a few suggestions below)
Other Homeschool Resources: (listed in no particular order)
Center for Homeschool Liberty -“The attorneys at NCLL’s Homeschool Center are not just committed to protecting your legal right to homeschool in America, but to help you in the event you encounter legal challenges to your own homeschool. As a member of the Homeschool Center, you have access to our professional, experienced, caring homeschool attorneys who
- Can address any ongoing or current legal compliance questions or concerns
- Are available in the event that you have a homeschooling legal emergency
- Will litigate your case on a pro bono (no cost to you) basis if we determine that the issues involved will advance the liberty of homeschooling in America.
Most often, homeschool families don’t encounter legal problems. But in the unlikely event that they do, one call to an attorney could easily cost $100, or substantially more if the issue requires more than a simple phone call.”
Cathy Duffy Reviews: A comprehensive review of many different curricula. The reviews may or may not include whether or not the curriculum is aligned with the Common Core State Standards, or Next Generation Science Standards. See the next link for that information)
Homeschool Resource Roadmap – You can find a comprehensive list of curricula that is not aligned to Common Core here.
The Heart of Michelle blog and homeschool consulting * -Michelle is a single mom, who homeschools (including special needs homeschooling). *This is not WFE’s Michelle.
Easy Peasy All-in-One Homeschool is free, and is NOT Common Core aligned.
Classical Conversations “Classical Conversations supports homeschooling parents by cultivating the love of learning through a Christian worldview in fellowship with other families. We believe there are three keys to a great education: classical, Christian, and Community.”
Robinson – Self Teaching Curriculum is inexpensive (if using a Kindle or Tablet or purchase the digital downloads) and reading based
Thomas Jefferson Education There are many suggested books and resources on this website that are helpful even you chose another method. Thomas Jefferson Education works well with the Charlotte Mason approach.
Ron Paul Curriculum “A student who goes through this curriculum, kindergarten through high school, will have a mastery of the foundations of liberty. There is no other curriculum on the Web to match it.
It does not assign textbooks. This saves families a lot of money. Textbooks cost a great deal of money. Almost all of the materials are free: toner and paper only. The few exceptions are modern novels and a few classic books on liberty, such as Hayek’s The Road to Serfdom.
The curriculum is mostly self-taught. If a student gets stuck, he can get help from other students on the course Q&A forums. Older students serve as tutors for younger students. They learn by teaching, which is a great way to master any new field.
This curriculum teaches people how to write. The main teachers in the social sciences and humanities, Dr. Gary North and Dr. Tom Woods, are both successful writers. They are both successful businessmen. They will teach your children how to write effectively and fast.
Here is why your child needs a self-taught curriculum. (If you are already persuaded, you can skip this presentation. Keep reading. But this does give a good overview of how my curriculum works.)”
Drive Thru History <—Website
- Drive Thru History on Cold Water Media on YouTube
All About Learning – they have a money back guarantee on their products *Many products are special needs friendly
Rainbow Resource Center – some items may be aligned with Common Core, but products aligned to Common Core usually say so.
The Book Samaritan -“The Book Samaritan is a non profit organization that supplies homeschool materials to families the are unable to afford them. We send curriculum and supplies, free of charge, to homeschooling families in need. We could not do this without the help of people who are willing to donate their curriculum and books. Our ministry relies on you. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for your generosity.”
Amazon is a great place to do comparative shopping and used books are a great way to save money.
English Grammar 101* -We will contact the website and find out if they have aligned to the Common Core English Standards if they have, we will remove them from this list. Always do your own research though, things can change and we may not be aware of changes.
Special Needs Homeschooling:
- Model Me Dvds & Photo Cds (Social Story Curriculum teaching skills for younger and older aged children)
- The Homeschool Mom: Lapbooking
- Confessions of a Homeschooler: Lapbooking
- Child First Publications :* Snap Words * Easy For Me Reading * Alphabet * Right Brained Math
- All About Spelling ; All About Reading (Mastery-based multi-sensory program that is great for all kids, including those with learning disabilities)
- The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling a Right-Brained Child
- NATHHAN: Speech Therapy
- Smarter Every Day <—– Click here to visit Smarter Everyday on YouTube
“I explore the world using science. That’s pretty much all there is to it.”
- Math BFF <—- Click here to visit the Math BFF Channel
- Math Meeting <—- Click here to visit the Math Meeting Channel
“I am civil engineering graduate from the University of Florida, but my passion is to teach math. ”
- Simply Charlotte Mason –“We at SCM are dedicated to helping you homeschool your children using Charlotte’s methods and wonderful philosophy of education.These videos are just a small sampling of all we have to offer back on our site. We hope you’ll stop by and take advantage of the free information, curriculum guide, books & videos, blog, and discussion forum.”
- Periodic Videos “Your ultimate channel for all things chemistry. A video about each element on the periodic table.”
- Minute Physics -“cool physics and other sweet science.”
- Veritasium -“Science and engineering videos”
Other Recommended Curricula: